Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

High School Never Ends [AU][C]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Richard

High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:11 am

"It is, but it could have been more so. You're definitely not what I initially expected."

Richard took a sip of his own coffee, and let out an approving sound.

The coffee was good. The added caramel shot was probably good quality and combined nicely with the bitterness of the drink. It was definitely what Fleck hyped it up to be.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:14 am

Not what he initially thought, huh?

"Is that a good thing?" he questioned. He had no idea what conclusions Richard had come to about him.

He hoped they weren't that bad. He didn't want to be on the outs with the person he was sharing his room with for the next year.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:20 am

Richard shrugged.

"I heard the loud music and thought it was going to be super messy, but it was surprisingly tidy."

He played absently with his rings as he spoke.

"Then I saw all the posters, boots and leather storage boxes that I thought you were going to be some sort of extremely intimidating punk who was going to make me suffer by listening to their loud music."
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:24 am

"Most of my family are ground-pounders. You learn a thing or two when ninety percent of your family perform routine mess checks on their time off."

He sucked his teeth. "Maybe for the next couple of days," he admitted honestly. "But I'll get some decent headphones soon so you won't be subjected to it. Just hold out til Monday, okay?"

He didn't want to piss his roommate off with his music, but until he could get out and buy those decent headphones it was something Dick would have to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:33 am

Richard looked like he had sucked on a lemon.

"Do you have to listen to music?"

He knew he should be appreciative that his roommate was going to go out his way to buy decent headphones in the first place, but he couldn't help but be a little ticked off. Was it really that difficult to go without music for a couple of days?
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:38 am

Fleck shifted around, suddenly looking far more uncomfortable than he had a minute ago. His hand came to the back of his neck nervously, scratching at the short hair there, tugging it with his fingertips.

"Yeah, it's a... a thing. I promise you won't have to hear it come Monday."

Him listening to music was non-negotiable, but it wouldn't take long for him to implement the fix to save Dicks ear.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:52 am

Richard's lips thinned, but he recognised something in the shift of Fleck's demeanour.

He scratched the back of his own neck.

"I will be out most of the daytime for the next few days sorting things out, but is it going to be on all hours of the evening? I won't be able to relax myself."
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 10:55 am

"The evening's the worst. I'll... I'll try, but I'm not making any promises."

His music was his strongest coping mechanism. He wasn't going to give it up and risk shit hitting the fan to save Dick's ears.

They'd just have to see what happened and do what needed to be done. Fleck really didnt want to suffer.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 11:12 am

Now he felt like an ass.

He avoided Fleck's gaze, toying with his rings, twisting them around and pulling them on and off again, thinking. He let out a frustrated huff.

"I'll see if I can get some earplugs from the convenient store."

Not that he enjoyed wearing them. But listening to non-stop metal all evening was going to agitate and irritate him. That wouldn't end too nicely, either.

But if Fleck was going to buy headphones, he can pay a few dollars and suffer with them.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 11:14 am

"Thanks."

His tense shoulders relaxed a little.

"I'm pretty much done with this. Want to head back to the room, or is there anywhere else you want me to show you?"

Fleck was happy playing tour guide.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 11:24 am

"I guess the convenient store is a good place to start. Maybe the park too. I'm thinking of starting to take up jogging..."

It wasn't that he needed to lose weight, but he liked the idea of waking up every morning and getting some fresh air - just not on the day when they have a nine am lecture.

Plus, he may or may not was trying to avoid going back to their room for as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 am

"If you need a jogging buddy, I'll go with you. I head out at seven on weekdays for a morning run."

He held the door open for Dick, lips quirking upwards.

He wouldn't mind a jogging buddy himself. Until he had moved out here, he'd had Leo. Now he was alone with his exercise. A jogging buddy would be much appreciated.

Fleck ambled down the street towards the convenience store.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 am

Richard gave Fleck a genuine smile at the offer.

"Thanks."

He looked fleck up and down. Even under the black jeans, he could tell his legs were thick like his arms. He hadn't skipped out on leg day.

"But are you sure? I don't want to slow you down."
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 8:49 am

"Don't worry about it. I have this habit of not pacing myself. Being with someone will make me slow down. It's a good thing."

He was terrible for pushing himself full-pelt. He always flagged and ended up exhausted by the end of it. Being able to pace himself with someone slower than him would save him from that.

Fleck began down the pavement, hands shoved into the pockets of his jeans. The movement made his arms bulge. The roses tattooed on his skin shifted over the muscle.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 9:06 am

"If you're fine with an extra slow pace then sure, but you will also have to drag me out every morning," he laughed. He wasn't exactly someone to willingly get out of bed when he wasn't ready.

His eyes dropped down from Fleck's face to the bulging muscles of his arms. Cheeks flushing, he quickly looked away.

This was his roommate. His roommate who had an almost not-quite-boyfriend.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 9:08 am

"I can do that. I hope you're a morning person."

Fleck laughed lightly as he kicked a pebble across the street.

He was a morning person. At least, after he'd had his coffee he was. He blamed that on his ground-pounding family, too.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 9:23 am

"Somewhat. Just bribe me with a fresh cup of coffee and pancakes. Or waffles. Or even chocolate on toast."

None he could make himself. Even toast. He always seemed to burn it one way or another to the point he was sure he was cursed.

Although, a shitty breakfast did kind of kill the point of jogging in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 9:32 am

"Then make you run further afterwards to burn off your breakfast?"

Not that he could talk. The more he exercised, the more he toned up, the more calories he needed to keep him going. He tended to eat high calorie meals full of shit - like pancakes and waffles and nutella on toast.

Fleck tilted his head, then crossed the road. "I wouldn't do this one too often. Jaywalking can get you in some serious shit when there are people around."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 9:39 am

"Actually, just coffee sounds good."

He liked the idea of jogging, but that didn't mean he wanted to jog far.

"Can it? I wouldn't think twice about doing this back home."

He had done some research about American culture - mostly about studying here and getting a visa. Not so much on the culture and law.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 9:45 am

"It's actually illegal. I can just be impatient."

Fleck gave a little shrug. He couldn't justify it any which way. It wasn't like he did it that often. He pirated music more often than jaywalking.

He turned the corner, then stepped through an automatic door into the convenience store.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 9:52 am

"Right, earplugs. I should also pick up some food as well..."

He glanced around the convenient store, wandering off to pick out some earplugs, not even looking them over as he just picked out the more expensive one.

The more money you paid for something, the better it was, right?

He also picked up some cereal bars, instant noodles, filter coffee and some different fruit.

Arms full he went to check out and picked up some tobacco and filters.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 9:57 am

Fleck followed behind Richard quietly as he swanned through the store picking up what he needed.

He didn't need anything, so he just stayed with his roommate.

The cashier looked back and forth between the two of them before asking for ID.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 10:04 am

Richard was already prepared as he handed it over to the cashier. He was yet to experience the joy of not being asked for ID.

Except for that one time in a pub outside of London. But he was sure they would willingly pull a pint of a twelve-year-old, so that didn't count.

He waited and stood awkwardly as his passport was inspected.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 10:07 am

The cashier took his time looking over the passport, glancing at Richard, then at Fleck, then back to it.

He handed it back, rang up his tobacco and filters, then wished them a good day.

"It's gotta smart still being IDed," Fleck commented as the two of them left the store.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 10:15 am

"It is, I always think they're going to not believe me and call the police or something - one second."

He stood outside the store as he rolled a cigarette.

"Not that you would probably understand," he was smiling at Fleck again. "Bet you hardly ever get IDed."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High School Never Ends [AU][C]   High School Never Ends [AU][C] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

High School Never Ends [AU][C]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3