Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

Moving In

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:23 am

Ignicio kicked open Dick's door, carrying a fairly large cardboard box in his arms. He wanted to keep a few things in here while the rest of his stuff would go into another room he had dubbed his personal room.

He only had a few boxes to be stored in Dick's room. Most of it was clothing. There were some other miscellaneous items; among them: books, nicknack's he had gathered throughout his years and a thick brown leather-bound book that held a lot of letters from his sister, a few written stories and adventures that he had been on, sketches drawn by both himself and others, photo's. It was effectively a diary for the Elder.

But looking at it, you wouldn't know. You'd have to read through it to know that it was his 'diary.'

The leather-bound volume slid from atop the box Nicio had in his arms and landed on the floor with a low thud that the Spanish man didn't notice.

After he set the box down, he disappeared back out the door to retrieve the second box.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:55 am

Richard frowned, and looked up from his book as he heard the door bang open.

"Don't do that, you are going to crack the frame." He scolded. Noticing the large box in Ignicio's, he then dryly stated; "And please don't strain yourself."

Getting up from his place by the window, he noticed a leather bound book had fallen out of the box and onto the floor. Realising that the Spanish vampire took no notice of this, he retrieved the book. Gently holding it, he looked it over carefully, before turning to give it back to Ignicio. Only for him to of disappeared, leaving the box slap bang in the middle of the room.

He huffed, glaring at the box as it just sat there in the middle of the room untidily. Honestly, couldn't Ignicio of tucked it away in the corner?

Sighing, he turned back to the leather bound book. It looked old, and tattered, and filled with yellowed paper. He was overall intrigued by it.

Biting his lip, eyes flickering up to the door, he opened it in curiosity, landing on a random page.
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:13 am

Written on the yellowed pages in neat calligraphic handwriting, written with what could be assumed an old quill pen, was a diary entry in Spanish.

December 3 1834

I received a letter from Patricia. She has great news. There is another Prince in the Spanish Royal Family bloodline.

Prince Adalberto Abano.

I have another younger brother. My family is growing and I am not there to see it. If only I could start a family of my own I would feel better about leaving. But, for all our efforts, Giacinto remains without child.

This is the first time I have thought about being a Prince since I left the castle. Being told that I have another brother would make me think of my family, though. My life at the castle...

Will Adalberto have my room when he is of age?

Will Patricia and Robert look after him?

I need to stop worrying. Patricia and Robert haven't gone wrong yet. They wouldn't let any harm come to the young prince.

For now, I retire. I can feel the first rays of dawn.

Prince Ignicio Abano
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:50 am

Richard, thankful for his skill in fluent Spanish, read the letter with ease.

He lips mouthed the words carefully, his eyebrows twisting more and more in confusion the further he read down.

Abano. Patrica. Robert. Names he never heard of before. Spanish Royal Family? He researched the Royal family extensively, from the dead French Royal Family to his own, and he had never heard of the Abano house before.

Giacinto was the only thing that was familiar in the letter. It stung for a second, realising that it seemed Ignicio was not going to get his wish for children. He quickly pushed it in the back of his mind for another time, rereading the letter again, sitting down to take the information in.

Chewing his lip, he reread the last bit twice over, wondering if there was a flaw in his fluency. But no, he read it clearly as the last five times he read it: 'Prince Ignicio Abano'

It did occur to him that he had never found out Ignicio's last name, so could that be it? It was the prince bit that threw him of. It was hard to imagine, truthfully.

He looked up in wonder, twirling the yellowed paper between his fingers. It only just hit him how little he knew of Ignicio. This vampire he supposedly... liked? It was just through curiosity that he had stumbled across this information... Unless Ignicio did not want him to know?

Hastily, he shoved the paper into the leather bound book and placed it carefully back into the box. He zoomed back over to his seat, grabbing the book he was previously and shoving it in front of his face, to make it look like he was reading something other then Ignicio's personal letter.
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:56 am

Ignicio hummed as he pushed open the door again, holding two boxes stacked one on top of the other. "Oi, princeling, come give me a hand?" he called.

He had been struggling with these damned boxes all the way down the hall. And not one person had offered to help him with them.

"Sorry about dumping the box in the middle of the room. I'll toss it when we unpack, okay?" He wasn't particularly sorry, but he knew apologising was better than staying silent about it and letting Dick stew over something sitting in the middle of his clean floor.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:11 am

He peeked over the book, studying the Spanish vampire. Obviously, nothing had changed about him during those last few minutes, and he did not see him in a different light, either. He was still a the annoying older vampire that drove him crazy.

With a quick "Sure." He jumped off his seat to grab the box on top to help the other... Prince. It was odd thinking Ignicio as that, Richard mused. He did not seem very... Princely to him. He stole another glance before setting the box to the side.

He wondered if their was anything else about Ignicio that he did not know about?

"No, no. It's fine." Richard quickly waved off the apology to go back to his thoughts. Padding over to his chair again, he curled up in it to 'read' his book. What exactly was Ignicio prince of? And why did he leave the castle? What about his family?

Baby-blue eyes rose from the written page to stare at Ignicio.
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:23 am

"Thanking you kindly." He set the box down next to the other two and knelt before them.

The dismissal earned an arched brow from the Spaniard. Since when didn't he care about mess?

He dragged the first box towards him and opened it up. When he saw the leather-bound book he grinned. "So that's where I put it. I spent hours looking for it yesterday." He lifted it from the box and flashed it at Dick triumphantly.

He set the book down by his knee and went back to sifting through the box.

"Okay," he said rather abruptly after a few moments silence. "The staring is a little odd. Are you undressing me with your eyes or do you want to ask me something?"
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:47 am

Richard's eyes darted down to the book nervously as he began to internally panic. What if he realises?! What if he hates him forever, and not in the previous sense?! Plus he did state down a rule that he did not want Ignicio looking through his stuff. And there he was, reading through one of Igncio's letters. Wha-

He was pulled sharply out of his inner thoughts to jump a little, snapping out: "I was not undressing you with my eyes!"

Pink dusting his cheeks, he turned his eye line back to the book in his hands - on the same page since he decided to get the leather bounded one.

Easing back into his thoughts, not as panic fuelled, he debated to himself on whether he should just ask the Prince about his life. Subtly, of course, but maybe Ignicio just had not gotten around to telling him? Coming to a conclusion, he turned back to the vampire, twisting the ring on his little finger while the book sat in his lap.

"So, um, I was wondering, what were you like before all this?" He paused, then decided to elaborate. "Like, before even Giacinto? I managed to gather some vague idea on what you did before me. Not to pry, but I was just wondering...?"
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:11 am

"Uh-huh, sure." His eyes danced with mirth.

Which soon morphed to annoyance. "You know how much that hacks me off. Keep doing it and I'll confiscate all of your bloody rings."

The Incubus blinked at the question. He wasn't expecting it.

"Humn... Where to begin? Well, I hail from Spain. Both my mother and my father are native. My mother is a Succubus and my father an Incubus so I'm a full-blooded Pureblood Incubus. There aren't many of those around." His tongue darted over his lips. "I have a number of younger siblings. Two sisters and four brothers."

He opened his mouth to say something before snapping it shut.

Ignicio didn't particularly want to tell Dick that he was a Prince. When people found that little titbit out they treated him different. They didn't relax and have fun around him. They were uptight, trying to be perfect, trying not to make a mistake or be flawed around royalty.

He always felt ostracised from the 'lower classes' when they found out he was Prince and he hated that. He didn't want to be worshipped or feared. He wanted friends.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:55 am

Richard interlocked his fingers defensively, but kept the burst of anger behind a closed mouth for one once, in favour of listening to Ignicio.

He nodded his head at each piece of information. He already knew that Ignicio was from Spain and that he was an incubus. But he did not know he was the eldest sibling. Which also meant that he was expected to take the crown - something many would kill, and have killed, to get, no matter what it reigned. Baby blue eyes softened a little, knowing from conversations with his brother that it was not a easy thing to take on.

He felt a pang disappointment when that was all the other Prince told him. If he did not tell him about being a prince, what else was he not telling him? Granted, nobody knew everything about someone, but it still niggled at him. Mentally, he reminded himself that Ignicio probably did not know everything about him. But that still did not stop the secret slump in his seat in his disappointment.

Pushing down a sigh, he gave Ignicio a small of information about himself, in response to the information. "I had nine siblings, which is not including my fathers bastard children, or my mothers from a previous marriage."
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:32 pm

"The Royal Family flocked like rabbits in England, didn't they?" His lips quirked upwards. "Your family get-togethers must have been chaotic."

His tongue darted over his lower lip and he decided to take a dive. He hoped Dick wouldn't treat him any differently.

"There are still only nine of us in the Abano name and we've been reigning over Spain for a thousand years." King, Queen and seven heirs. It had been that way for years. His mother and father came into the crown over a thousand years ago.

The Abano group was small and was characterised by the ability to control water. The only living Abano's were those of the crown. They were a small, tight-knit family.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:41 pm

"Bit of a crude way of putting it, but yes, I guess they did." His own lips twitched a little. "Family get-togethers were chaotic, but at least they were not at each others throats."

His eyes fell back on his book. He guessed Ignicio won't be telling him then. Maybe another time? Trying to find the the sentence he was on, he pushed back his curiosity. Anoth-

He blinked, and looked up with surprise - not in the fact he was a prince, but the fact that he had told him. No sooner then the other Prince had spoken, Richard shot out his first question.

"What exactly were you Prince of? There was already a couple of Royal family's over what would make modern day Spain... Plus, what about during the Muslim reign, when Portugal was part of it? Unless you had nothing to do with that, and you were just ruling underneath in a geographical sense?"

He stopped his onslaught of questions, chewing on his scarred lip, going back into thought. That had never occurred to him. He assumed that Ignicio's family ruled a patch of land within Spain, rather then in a more 'underground' sense. The more he thought about it, the more it made sense.

He stared at the Incubus expectedly, curiosity the only expression written on his face.

((I'm sorry? //slapped with a History book))
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:57 pm

He laughed at the onslaught of questions. "One at a time, lover."

"We rule over the Vampires of Spain. Any and all vampires that reside in Spain." He picked up the book and sifted through it until he came upon an elaborate sketch of the throne room of the castle they resided in and pushed it towards Dick.

"Our castle is in Cuenca, carved from the limestone rocks. Its a nice place but its basically a cave. It got cold at night. And it was constantly dark so you had to carry candles wherever you went. It's a shame none of us had control over fire. It would have helped a lot..."

"But anyway, we rule over the Vampiric population. Portugal has its own way of ruling and we didn't particularly care about broadening our area of reign."
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:23 pm

So they were a kind of underground Royalty, right under the human ones nose. He took the piece of paper handed to him, gingerly holding it, worried he will somehow rip it. It was an image of a thrown room, which looked rather complex, he was impressed by whoever drew the picture. He continued to study the drawing as he listened to the Prince.

"I see... So, is there one in England?"

He chewed his lip again, even more unsure about asking the next question: "And why did you leave?" He turned to give the paper back to Ignicio. "I am assuming you are in line to the throne, if you are the eldest..."
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:44 pm

"Not a monarchy. England has a group of... Five? Could be six - Elders like Giacinto and I are to this coven. But there aren't all that many vampires in England. Less than ten thousand, that's for sure."

He smacked his lips together and thought over the question. "Carpe Diem," he finally answered. It had been a while since he had spoken in Latin.

"I didn't want to stay in the castle my entire life. I wanted to get out and do things. And one day, I dunno... We went to Málaga to visit some stuffy noble or another and there was a large ship docked at the harbour..."

His lips twitched upwards. "I took the chance and stowed away. It was a pirate ship. With a real terrible, evil captain that went by the name Tony."
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:00 am

Richard nodded, absorbing the information.

He frowned slightly, then dryly commented: "So, you just went on a random ship, with no knowledge of who owned it, no clothes, and limited money? Wow, that was smart of you."

Subconsciously, he began to twist a silver ring as he thought over what he just said. Really, he knew he was not one to comment. Besides, he did not know what Ignicio's home life was like.

He chewed on the scared lip again.

"Tony?"
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:08 am

"Well, when you put it like that it seems like a bad idea," he snorted.

"I like to see it as seizing a chance to see the world. And I got my wish. Five hundred years later and I've travelled all over the world." He gave a grin. "And met some pretty great people that I wouldn't have met if I stayed in Spain."

His eye twitched in annoyance. "Ring, Dick." How many times did he have to blood tell him before he stopped that damned annoying habit?

"Yeah, Captain Tony. Fiercest, most evil woman you'll ever meet. Not a good idea to ever get on the bad side of her." He shook his head slightly. He had done everything he possibly could to stay on her good side.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:35 am

Richard interlocked his fingers, with a glare, to stop temptation. Honestly, the Incubus constantly mentioning it was starting to get more then a little irritating. Especially since Richard does not notice he is doing it half the time.

His brows knitted together in confusion. "Her? But Tony is a boy's name-"

Wait, if he remembered correctly, he had heard one time that a certain Elder dressed as a man. And the whole 'don't get on her bad side' sounded familiar.

"Giacinto?"
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:46 am

He laughed. "Bingo. Giacinto was the scariest woman I have ever met. And I've met my mother." Aldonza was a terrifying woman. She didn't take the favour of her name at all. She was nether sweet or nice.

The Incubus strolled up to the younger man and perched on the arm of his chair, flicking through the book until he came upon a coloured sketch of a fierce woman with black hair pulled into a tight bun and hard, glaring red eyes the same shade as Ignicio's.

"That's my mother. And that-" His finger traced over a man that looked almost exactly like Ignicio stood behind the fierce woman. "That's my father. King Clemente and Queen Aldonza."

His eyes trailed over the image for a few long, silent moments. He missed them. Even his mother and her over-bearing fierce personality.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:26 am

Richard took the the sketch passed to him and studied it like the one before, listening to Ignicio. It was quite easy to tell who was the more dominant one out of the pair. That, or the man was one of those sneaky types that were manipulative on the sidelines.

"Your mother reminds me a lot of my Grandmother." The younger Prince commented. He never had much of a relationship with his grandmother. With her fiery temper, stiff posture and dislike toward his mother, it did not exactly make her approachable.

He looked the woman over in the sketch, hoping that he would never have to meet her. She did not look exactly friendly.

His eyesight turned to the other person in the sketch as Ignicio pointed him out. The resemblance between the two was uncanny, with only minor differences. Consequently, he found the Incubus in the picture attractive. As soon as that thought fluttered into his mind, he squashed it down rather quickly.

His eyes lingered on the sketch before they turned back up to Ignicio. "Have you seen them since you boarded Giacinto's ship?" He paused. "Or, any of your family, for that matter?"

((I know we don't normally post during Live Events, but it was in my head, and I wanted to write it before I lost it.))
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:27 pm

"Good or bad thing?" His eyes trailed over the sketch before he turned the page. On this page Aldonza didn't look as fierce. Her gaze was softer and she had a small smile on her face. "My mother has two faces. The Queen face and the Family face."

A smile made its way onto his face. The woman didn't look anywhere near 'nice' in this sketch. But she looked more approachable than in the first.

"I'm very much like her in that aspect. I have my Me face and I have my Authority face. Not many people see a difference in the two, though."

His lips twitched into a small frown. "No. But Patricia sends me letters occasionally. She keeps me as update as she can." He flipped the page a couple of times again until he came to a family portrait. Well, as much of a family portrait was he was there to be a part of. "Of course, that's me and my parents. That is Robert." The man Nicio was pointing at could have been the mirror image of Ignicio if not for the black hair. It was even styled the same way. "And that is my sister Patricia." Patricia was as fierce woman as her mother. She had the same black hair, though hers was pulled into a high ponytail, and glaring red eyes. But she had the full lips and straight nose of her fathers.

"Since this was taken, three more children made it past childbirth and infancy and are alive and well today. Two boys and a girl. The youngest are twins." It was a sad truth that of all the children Aldonza and Clemente conceived only six made it to adulthood.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyTue May 15, 2012 12:29 am

Richard looked at the other sketch of the woman. A tad softer round the edges. Personally, Richard still did not think she was all that approachable.

Baby blue eyes turned up from the picture to look into wine ones again. "An Authority face?" He looked up to think. "I don't think I have seen you with this so called 'Authority face'. Then again, if you claim that most people don't notice it, then I am probably one of them." He lips twitched. "Though, I have to admit, imaging you with a an overly serious face is amusing."

He took in each family member shown to him. Robert, like Ignicio's father and Ignicio himself, Richard found him attractive (he quickly squashed that thought down, replacing it with; 'he is not sore on the eyes'). Patricia looked like a strong and beautiful woman.

"Your similarities are striking." He commented.

Pausing once more, he asked: "I am guessing that you have not seen your younger siblings beyond the two you showed me?" His fingers found there way to swivel a ring. "Do you want to?"
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:29 am

"Luckily not many situations have called for me to be overly serious." He gave a half-frown. He was worried over possible future situations that may call for him to be serious. With the wolves around and Giacinto looking for a new mate, things could get awry rather quickly.

"We are often mistake as triplets, Robert, my father and I." His lip twitched in amusement. "It shocked many people when they found out the age gap between Robert and I is one hundred and thirty. The age gap between my father and I is very slight. A mere forty years." Clemente had mated and sired young. Very young.

Ignicio shook his head softly. "No, I haven't. I would love to - the ring, Dick - travel to Spain to see them in the future but I have ties to this coven." If he went to see his family, he'd have to stay with them. He didn't want that. He had too much tying him to this coven to leave them now.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:30 am

"A mere forty years?! Forty is- Oh." Right. Vampires.

Cheeks stained with pink at his mistake, he locked his fingers as Ignicio pointed out his habit - as usual. He mused for a millisecond about how easy it would be to wind him up. That is, if he ever felt like annoying the other prince. Normally it was the other way round, him too busy exploding at the Spanish vampire to use the tactic of annoyance.

"Even if you do have ties here, surely you could just go there for a few weeks while they take care of the coven? They are your family, after all. And they don't live forever." His eyes fluttered down as he stayed silent for a few beats. "I would kill to see my family again. Even just for a moment."
Back to top Go down
Asher Zaroli

Asher Zaroli

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:02 pm

He chuckled quietly at the mistake. How long had he been a vampire? And he still made errors as if he were still human. It amused him. And worried him slightly. This man still had a very human mind and that could get him killed.

Ignicio shook his head. "Doesn't work like that. Ever wondered why Giacinto never takes us with her when she goes to visit another coven? When you're the top dog you can do almost anything. Anything less than the number one in charge and you're the collectible that everyone wants." He ran his tongue over his lower lip. "In old coven ways, if you go to another coven to do anything and you're not Number One in the coven, you have to stay with them. Could be months, could be years, could be indefinitely."

"Not many covens still go by the old ways, though." He ran the pads of his fingers over the sketch of his family. "My family still go by them We've been around for over a thousand years and we dont like change much. If I go there I'm not coming back here." A heavy sigh ran through him. "So, as much as I want to see them, I know I cant unless I give up everything I have here. Giacinto, my free will, being able to pick my own mate, you. I wont give any of that up so I won't go back."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moving  In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moving In   Moving  In Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving In
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next