Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

Swimming Practise (anyone)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Camille leBlanc

Swimming Practise (anyone) Empty
PostSubject: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:43 am

Camille sat by the side of the pool, staring down at the glistening water in apprehension, watching the way the ripples echoed through it with the breeze. He had always found the water beautiful. The way it could change from a bright, colourful aqua, to a deep, mysterious blue-grey. Many nights, and, when he was human, some days he had spent painting it. But it frightened him too. It was unpredictable and dangerous.

But anyway.

The boy stood up to wander over, cautiously dipping his toes in, legs dangling over the side as he watched the water ripple around his feet. He could just about see the bottom from here. Perhaps he could...

Lowering himself in, he found he could stand up, and swum a couple of metres. Since Jace had helped him learn, he was a lot better, he realised, and kept swimming a bit further.

He couldn't see the bottom here.

The realisation hit him and he panicked, arms and legs flailing in the water as he forgot how he should keep afloat, losing the air from his lungs as he cried out. He started to sink, and he screamed, just before his head sank underwater, struggling to reach the surface.
Back to top Go down
Alexis Rozen

Alexis Rozen

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Alexis had been out for a walk in the moonlight and decided to head towards the pool, after the other night in there with Tahir she had fond memories of it and wanted to dip her feet in for a while.

The sound of a scream caught her attention straight away and she broke into a sprint, heading towards where the noise had sounded.

She saw the boy go under and ran faster, driving into the water fully clothed and grabbing him around the waist.

Pushing off the bottom of the pool she pulled him up with her and broke the surface of the water with a gasp as she pushed him back onto the stone footpath before pulling herself out and tending to him.

"Are you okay?"
She asked, leaning over him.
Back to top Go down
Camille leBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:42 pm

The boy heaved a desperate breath as he broke the surface, bursting into fits of coughing as he heaved up a lungful of water. His arms shook from the panic and lack of oxygen as he held himself up.

He collapsed onto the cold stone tiles, eyes sliding closed in relief as he heaved heavy breaths, slowly recovering.

His eyes fluttered open as the woman spoke, gaze hazy. He felt... sick... and a little faint, and his chest hurt.

"...I'm sorry." he mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Alexis Rozen

Alexis Rozen

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Alexis looked down at him, concern for the young vampire filling her eyes as she ran her hand over his head.

"It's alright, I'm just glad you're fine."
She gripped him softly and moved him onto his side, at least this way he could cough up any water that he swallowed.

"You gave me quite the scare when you went under, if you're not a strong swimmer, stick to the shallow end."

Her words were gentle and soft as her inbuilt instincts to care for the helpless kicked in.
Back to top Go down
Camille leBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:19 pm

"I didn't notice how deep I was getting and then I panicked... and then I forgot how to swim because I was panicking..."

Normally he was so quiet, but in his state of shock all he could do was ramble on, his hands shaking as one clutched to his mouth as coughs racked his chest again, bringing back up another mouthful of water.

Ugh. Not only was he hassling the woman by having drowned in the first place, but he was also bringing up water in front of her.

He felt disgusting. She probably thought he was disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Alexis Rozen

Alexis Rozen

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:49 pm

"You should of had a swimming partner, next time bring someone with you."
She replied, shaking her head slightly, poor thing looked like a drowned kitten.

Seemed the scare had rattled him a little bit.

"Come on, let it all out."
She cooed softly, petting his back to help him cough up the water he inhaled.
Back to top Go down
Camille leBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:44 am

Camille gave one final cough before his arms gave way, falling down to lie on the ground, gazing up at the woman with watery eyes.

He didn't know that many women...actually, he didn't know any women very well at all. The last woman that he had really known was his mother, and he was very young back then. Come to think of it, he couldn't even remember her.

But the women he had met in passing... he felt more comfortable with than most men. Most men were bigger and stronger than he was, and very often they scared him. Women seemed less threatening a lot of the time.

Possibly one of the reasons he got on so well with Jace compared to most men.

"What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Alexis Rozen

Alexis Rozen

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:04 am

"Alexis, and yours?"
She replied softly, she could no help but take pity on the boy, he had been having a rough evening by the looks of it.

Nearly drowning could not have been a pleasant experience.
"If you want to go swimming again another night I'd be more than happy to come down here with you, just don't go swimming alone again, okay?"

She gave his head a gentle stroke to sooth his nerves, at least now he had stopped coughing up water, hopefully there was none left in his lungs.
Back to top Go down
Camille leBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:57 pm

"Camille."

The boy wrinkled his nose a little as he gave his name. He didn't like the name that was given to him. It sounded girly, fragile to say. But then, he supposed, a manly name, like Bernard or Francois wouldn't have suited him. He wasn't strong enough to be considered manly, and probably never would be.

He visibly perked up when the woman suggested coming swimming with him. Learning to swim was something that he really wanted to do. Before, he hadn't really had a chance to, but now there was a pool here...

"Thank you."

But then again, he was scared. He had always been frightened of water and this experience hadn't exactly helped. But perhaps if someone was with him, it would be ok?

He smiled as the woman stroked his head, fidgeting a little nervously. Normally physical contact wasn't something he warmed to, but the woman didn't seem a threat to him so he supposed that with her, and Jace, it was alright. Never would he have dreamed to let a stranger touch him before, so it was almost a shock to himself that he was alright with it. Perhaps he was recovering.

"I'd like that."
Back to top Go down
Alexis Rozen

Alexis Rozen

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:22 pm

"Camille."
She repeated, letting the name roll off of her tongue.
"That's a lovely name."
She added, a small smile gracing her lips as she looked down at the boy.

"I'd like it too, I need a swimming companion and I could help teach you. I'm quite a strong swimmer."
That much was evident from how easily she dragged him from the pool.

Alexis looked around the pool area and rose to her feet, collecting a dry towel for the boy from the changing room and wrapping it around him.
She did not want him catching a chill from remaining damp in the night air.

Back to top Go down
Camille leBlanc

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:15 pm

"Thank you." he smiled up at her, not really believing it, but flattered that she thought so anyway.

"I thought I'd learned when Jace taught me." he mumbled. Then again, that was only one night, and maybe he was being a bit too impatient. It did take a while to get used to it, after all.

It was quite pathetic really, that he had lived for well over a century and still couldn't swim.

The boy looked up as she stood up and seemed to walk away.

"Where are you going?"

He smiled at her as she returned, wrapping the towel tighter around him, his legs curling up into a ball. "Thank you."

His eyes lingered on her wet clothing for a moment, biting his lip guiltily. "Don't you need a towel too?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swimming Practise (anyone)   Swimming Practise (anyone) Empty

Back to top Go down

Swimming Practise (anyone)
Page 1 of 1