Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

[O] A Newcomer's Ambush

Go down 
+3
Blood Buddy
Giacinto Acardi
Liu Daji
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

[O] A Newcomer's Ambush Empty
PostSubject: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:54 am

Daji was thankful to have been taken in by this mansion. After all, they couldn't survive on their own forever; they had been raised to be dependant on others. Specifically, one other, but that time was long past.

However, they weren't too keen on going in through the front door. It was embarrassing and awkward to have to introduce themself to other people after intruding on their hospitality. Plus, it was very boring. Daji didn't want to be seen as weak and meek, a lost soul taking refuge. They could do better than that.

And so the fox spirit sat behind a pillar, waiting to jump out and scare anyone who happened to be walking past. According to their logic, that would be a much more interesting introduction.
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 3:00 am

The phone had been pressed to her ear for going on an hour now. She was almost worried that her ear would fall off at this rate. The way her ear piercings were pressing against the screen of the phone and her skull, her ear was starting to get sore.

But still she continued to converse in harried Italian.

Her heels clicked against the floor and her skirt swished against the tanned skin of her long legs.

She clucked her tongue in annoyance, tucking a strand of curly hair behind a heavily pierced ear.

Red eyes slid shut and she allowed her shoulders to slump.
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 3:51 am

Someone was speaking a lot of Italian. Being so loud made her an easy target, and Daji prepared for impact, edging around the side of the pillar.

Apparently the fox was oblivious as to who this person actually was, otherwise they might have hesitated. It was even funnier to shock someone who looked so uptight and stressed.

"RAHHH!" In fox form, like an excited dog, Daji pounced at the woman's legs, almost hard enough to knock her over. Hoping that their surprise had been successful, they pranced around her in a circle, yipping merrily.
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 3:57 am

Giacinto took a step back to steady herself when something pounced at her legs.

She hadn't uttered a sound of shock, but her wine eyes had widened in shock a little.

She uttered quickly into the phone and snapped it shut with a flick of her wrists. She slid it under the collar of her sweater (thin enough to not seem too strange coming up to a hot Italian summer) and into the cup of her bra. Her bra was more of a pocket than her actual pockets.

Once her hand was free, she placed it on a shapely hip and cocked her head to the side as she examined the fox.
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:03 am

... Well, that was about the worst reaction they could have got. It was the worst because it was boring. She hadn't gotten particularly mad, nor had she been particularly shocked. The fox whined and sat back on their haunches.

And when they did so, they started to morph into a human form. Clothes materialised out of the air, clothes obviously Oriental in nature. They sat cross-legged on the floor, looking perturbed.

"... Hello. Seriously, so boring..." They muttered, half to her and half to themself. "Er, I'm new here. Sorry if that was weird. Just... a custom!" They cackled briefly. "You needed to get off that phone anyway."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:08 am

Giacinto arched a thin brow as an amused little smile played on her lips.

A custom, huh? "I'm sorry for being so boring." The sulky look, sat on the floor with that expression, did nothing but amused the ancient woman.

"And thank you for giving me an excuse to put business to bed for the day."

Giacinto was thankful for any reason that she could stop working. For her great achievements in the hotel and bar industry, the woman wasn't very well suited to business work. She didn't have the attention span for it.

"I'm Giacinto."
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:14 am

Daji's lips spread into a thin smile, dimples on each cheek. "You're very welcome. I've never been interested in 'business' myself."

Her name rang a bell, they couldn't put their finger on it. It had a sense of importance about it, though.

Standing up so that they were no longer in a disrespectful position, the fox bowed, as was common in their homeland. "My name is Liu Daji. I'm just moving in here. Do you know if people around here are as immune to being pounced on by a fox as you are? Because if so, I shall be very bored."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:23 am

"Me either. All work and no play makes Tony a very dull woman." There were occasions when she enjoyed business, but those moments were few and far between.

The woman bowed her head in return to the deep bow. With an 'adopted' granddaughter from Japan, she'd been bowed at quite a bit. It had become ingrained in her to bow in some form in return.

"You're more likely to get reactions out of people that are under two thousand years old." The few people that she knew over that age definitely wouldn't give interesting reactions.

"I would prey on the Wolves, personally. Lycan give beautiful reactions if you tease them just right."
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:11 am

Daji appreciated the returned bow; clearly this one was cultured. And they were happy that she wasn't completely strict, too.

Clearly the fox had been around humans for too long, though, as the number two thousand shocked them. Were there really people that old here? And they thought they were getting on in age!

"The Wolves? That sounds quite dangerous! Foxes are smaller than wolves, you know. I think a more subtle approach might work on them. Thank you for the advice, though."

Daji stared at the doorway. "So. Do you know where exactly I might be staying? Do I have a room...? This is the first time I've really had a place to stay in a long time."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:16 am

"What's life without a little danger?"

Risking your life occasionally was fun. Provoking Wolves was also a lot of fun. That was a hobby that Giacinto had under her belt since she was still young.

"Everyone is entitled to a room."

Giacinto tipper her head again and grinned. "You look like you're one of mine. You belong in the Aria wing. I'll lead you."

Her heels clicked against the stone once again, heading towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:30 am

Daji almost wanted to retort 'life without danger is staying alive', but thought that was a little rude. After all, she had probably lived a lot longer than they had.

'One of hers'? Did that mean that they owed her their safety? How embarrassing, that they had pounced on her legs!

Daji scurried along, like a loyal dog. "So I really get my own room? I'm so spoilt! I'm looking forward to this place, you know. Will you play with me sometimes?"
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:33 am

"It depends on whether the room we find has others in it or not."

There were so many people going out and finding their own rooms that Giacinto wasn't sure if there were any rooms completely empty any more.

"Usually there are four people to a room. You ddon't mind sharing, I hope."

Her eyes turned down to the fox and she gave a little smile. "Sure. If I have a lot of work to do, I'll search you out and we can play."
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:39 am

Somehow the prospect of staying in a room with someone else was even more exciting. If they, you know, didn't have the capacity to kill them in their sleep.

"I haven't had room mates in a long time either!"

Daji smiled back at the woman, baring some tiny fangs. "That sounds good! Or, I can search you out. Is that possible? Or are you too elusive?"
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:45 am

"Hving a roommate can get interesting." Giacinto rarely had a roommate. Having her own room (a privilege of being the owner of the house) meant that she didn't follow the 'four to a room' rule. Not having a partner meant she had no permanent roommate, but having plenty of lovers meant that there were a lot of people that spent the night in her room. That had to count as having roommates in some aspect, right?

"If I'm in the mansion, you'll be able to search me out. I spend a lot of time in the city."

Catania was a place of both business and pleasure for Giacinto. She spent more time in the city than back here at the mansion.
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:59 am

"Indeed!" They would be able to have a lot of fun with two or more people in the same room. They could prank one of them in the night and blame it on the other.

"What do you do in the city? Human cities always bore me, it's too easy to be seen."

Daji had already resolved to spend most of their time inside the mansion. Perhaps it would be entertaining to go into the city and jump out of alleyways, though.
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 6:05 am

"A lot of things. Sometimes I work. Sometimes I play at a bar or club. Sometimes I visit my girlfriends."

There was a lot to do in a city as big as Catania. Especially now the SUpernatural scene was getting far more interesting.

This little city was drawing some rather interesting people lately.

The first door the woman opened revealed four full beds. "Not there."

Before she had even touched the handle of the second door, there was a lot of barking from inside. She pushed it open, bending down a little as she held out an arm to keep the dogs inside. There was no need to do that, though. Two of the dogs were kept in the bathroom using a baby gate while a third was curled up on one of the four beds.

Only half the room was occupied.

"Excellent. There's plenty of space for you here."
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 6:18 am

'Girlfriends'? Plural? Daji was surprised, but also not surprised. She was so beautiful, after all.

They were almost ready to leap into the first room she opened, and was disappointed when she closed it again. Once they reached the second room, they smelt a familiar smell, which brought no comfort to them.

When they heard the barking, the fox jumped and hid behind Giacinto. They stared at the dogs behind the baby gate, clenching their fists in anxiety.

"Do I really have to stay in this room...? I don't like dogs... Why can't I stay in that nice empty one?" They would rather be alone than have canines for company.
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 6:22 am

Giacinto strolled into the room, not affected at all by the loud barks of the dogs.

She walked right past the mop on the bed, heading straight towards the dogs.

"Dogs aren't all that bad." She turned a smirk over her shoulder. "You like me well enough, right?" True enough, one of Giacinto's transformations, though she didn't use it often, was a breed of dog.

And, as she had predicted, the two dogs began bathing her with puppy kisses as she leaned over the gate.

"They're friendly."
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 6:47 am

Daji stayed standing in the doorway, looking concerned. Well, they had lived in worse places. It was just disappointing, after their big expectations.

"You're... a dog?" The fox wrinkled their nose, before tiptoeing over to a bed and perching on its edge. They wouldn't have guessed. Perhaps they should have learnt not to judge a book by its cover by now.

"They may be friendly, but I'd rather not be friends. Dogs are vicious animals at heart, you know! Er... no offence."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 8:00 am

"Last I checked, yes."

Giacinto fussed the dogs, grinning as they licked eagerly at her face.

On the bed that the fox had sat down no, the mop twitched. And, after a huge yawn, it rolled over onto its back. Little paws stuck up in the air as a head nudged the fox spirit's arm.

The dog gave a low whine.

"That's not true," Giacinto insisted, shaking her head. "Dogs are beautiful creatures. It's the owner that taints their hearts." There was no such thing as a bad dog, just a bad owner.
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:20 am

Daji still looked disgusted as Giacinto let the mutts lick her face. So many germs! Of course, that was only an excuse for their prejudice.

The fox had thought that the little bundle of fur had been some kind of strange pillow, and yelped with fright as it rolled over and touched their arm. Temporarily losing control of their form, a fox's tail sprouted from their lower back, and it thrashed about with discomfort.

They realised that this dog was no threat to them, but still they stood up from the bed, giving it a cold stare. How embarrassing, to be caught off guard.

"Dogs come from wolves, you know. And wolves hunt. Hunt creatures like me! Do I have to spell it out?" They hoped that their rude, informal tone could be later blamed on the fact that this wasn't their first language.

"But whatever." They sighed. "I'll live." Once again, they bowed. "Thank you for permitting me residence."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 5:48 pm

The dog whined when Daji jumped up, rolling over onto its stomach and whining once again.

Giacinto let go of the two dogs, forcing them to drop back to the floor with whines of their own. "These two are pet dogs. I highly doubt that they're used for fox hunting."

She arched a brow, ready to throw another bombshell towards the fox. "The dog you just jumped away from isn't even a dog."

Reflexively, Giacinto bowed her head in return. "You're welcome. You'll enjoy it here, even with the dogs, I promise."
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Daji was getting a bit confused now. She was a dog, but this dog wasn't a dog? Attempting to hide their confusion, they simply stuck up their nose with a huff.

"I guess I can learn to handle it."

The image of them actually getting along with the dogs seemed so humiliating in their mind. They'd made all this fuss about not liking dogs, it would show a weakness of willpower if their opinion changed.

"What are you going to do now? Leaving me here with... these?"
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:57 pm

"The owner of the room will make you feel welcome."

She pushed off the baby gate she was leaning against. Her heels clicked against the hardwood flooring as she made her way towards the door.

She grinned, the smirk of someone that knew something Daji didn't.

"I'd turn your back on the smaller dog for a minute while he sorts himself out."

Giacinto gave a cheery little wave. It was good meeting you."
Back to top Go down
Liu Daji

Liu Daji

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:12 pm

So this room had an owner? Daji wondered if begging to them to remove the dogs would be easier. Or the dog people, whatever they were.

But that grin on her face didn't give them any comfort.

"... Alright..." Did this dog have privacy issues or something? Mysterious creatures.

"Nice meeting you too, Ms Giacinto."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [O] A Newcomer's Ambush   [O] A Newcomer's Ambush Empty

Back to top Go down

[O] A Newcomer's Ambush
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cacciatori di Sangue :: Inside Mansion :: Vestibule-
Jump to: