Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

Thin Ice [C]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 6:42 am

Dick drummed his fingers on the counter, frowning and huffing.

"Please, for the last time, can you let me in?" He asked in English.

The lady at the desk mirrored his frown and shook her head, banging her finger on the timetable... which was in Italian.

Dick groaned and ran his hand through his hair.

He looked toward the door that led to the rink. If it wasn't for the fact you needed a card to get in he would have just barged in.

Running his hand over his eyes, he decided on another tactic. That didn't involve barging the door down.

"Is Giacinto Acardi here?"

If she didn't know English, she would hopefully recognise Giacinto's name.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 6:53 am

The receptionist perked up at the mention of a very familiar name, then her eyes narrowed in a suspicious glare.

Giacinto Acardi was a woman that got a lot of attention, if not for her profession, then for her relationship with a sports star equally as famous as herself.

To see someone who didn't even know the language asking for Giacinto Acardi? Well that was beyond suspicious.

A woman passed behind Dick and headed towards the door without bothering to show a membership card to the receptionist. She greeted the woman at the reception over her almost-shoulder in a rasping husky sort of purr.

The woman wasn't very tall, but she seemed to demand attention with her aura alone. With deeply tanned skin, deep brown hair flowing around her in loose curls to her waist, and chocolate brown eyes, she was certainly a beauty, even with her lack of dress. She was dressed down in a deep red leotard, with a black skates bag slung over her shoulders.

The receptionist greeted her back with a cheerful 'buonasera, signorina Acardi.'
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:06 am

The whole speech Dick had prepared for Giacinto? Gone.

The woman owned the room. Both on the ice and off the ice. It left Dick feeling star struck and very inadequate.

When the receptionist spoke behind him it broke him out of his trance.

"Miss Acardi, could I quickly ask you for something?"

He cringed as he spoke, not quite how he wanted to start his conversations with her. Rushed and almost stumbling over his words.

Still, he took a step towards her, hoping of further catch her attention.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:10 am

Her dark eyes found Dick when he spoke, eyes moving over him slowly.

"I will sign something for you." Her Italian was accented, but her grammar wasn't off. She was clearly fluent. "But I will not take pictures."

She paused in her stride and turned so she was facing Dick.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:14 am

He shook his head and raised his hands.

"No, I don't want an autograph or a photo."

Although, deep down, he did secretly want one, But he was not going to embarrass himself by giving into his wants. Especially with not what he was requesting.

"I just your time. I have tried Emailing you but you haven't replied."
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:17 am

Giacinto tipped her head and rested a hand on a shapely hip.

"I do not handle professional emails." It was neither an excuse or an apology, just a statement of fact.

"Talk. Chrys is waiting for me." She raised her hand, fluttering it in the air in a 'speak' gesture.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:29 am

He hesitated, feeling slightly stupid. Then he spoke.

"My name is Richard Plantagenet. I competed in the ISU Grand Prix figure skating last year but," he hesitated, "I didn't get any further then Trophée de France." Coming last, but he wasn't going to admit that right now. Besides, she could look it up.

"My coach and I had a disagreement in what direction I should go next and we both decided to part ways. So," he scratched the back of his neck, slightly pink, "I was hoping if you could coach me?"

Really, he hoped he could speak that last part with a little more confidence.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:33 am

He was a competitive skater.

A competitive skater that was looking for a coach in a woman that publicly refused to compete.

Unsurprisingly, it wasn't the first time she had been asked to coach someone.

"To what end? Walk with me." She turned again and gestured for Dick to follow her as she headed towards the door leading onto the changing areas.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:45 am

He lit up. At the rate, he was going at he imagined a door being slammed in his face.

He followed her quickly. The only moment he wasn't beside her was when they went through the door.

"I want to compete in this year's Grand Prix. If not this year then the next. And," his voice became a little firmer and surer, "I want to win it. But I believe the only way I can win it is if you coach me."

The were many other performing skaters who could coach them. None of them took Dick's breath away and left him playing youtube videos of her skating over and over again.

Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:51 am

"That is your end? To compete next year?"

A slim brow arched. She didn't want to hear short term goals.

"I don't have time to teach someone with such short term ambitions."

She set herself down on a wooden bench and pulled the strap of her bag over her head. The skates inside were well-worn, clearly used well, but the blades were sharp and cared for.

She slipped the ballet flats from her feet and began lacing her boots.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 8:05 am

Dick frowned. Maybe he kissed that door goodbye too soon.

"Well... no."

He was intending on skating after, whether he won or not. But that didn't really count as a long time goal, though. In all honesty, he didn't really have any long time goals.

"I guess I want to come more fluid as a skater?"

Although that goal was intended for when he reentered the Grand Prix. He didn't want it to be a short-term goal.

"It is why I am asking you. I feel a performer is best suited to coaching me than a competitive skater."
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 8:10 am

"You want to become a fluid skater."

Giacinto drew herself to her feet and walked with a surprisingly grace on the blades to the pigeonholes of rental skates.

"Pick a pair. Get them on. Yesterday."

She pulled a band from her wrist and tied her hair into a high ponytail. "Do you want to skate for the rest of your life? Do you want to compete in every competition under the sun? Do you want to settle into shows? What do you want to do with your career?"
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 8:20 am

He lifted his bag.

"Brought my own."

He dropped down on the bench, quick to untie his shoes and pull on his skates. Even as he was startled by the string of questions, he tied his skates with practice routine.

"I want to win."

His voice was sure again.

"I want to win as many competitions as I can."

It wasn't the most original goal. He was sure every competitive skater wanted to win. But right now, that is all he wanted out of his career.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 8:25 am

The fire in his eyes was what she wanted, and it was what she got.

He wanted this.

"Today you will shadow Chrys and I. Watch. Learn. Follow." Today he was to watch. Then he would be taught.

She strode towards the rink, calling out in a loud voice that seemed to echo through the large room. Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing.

It was a tall blond that skated forwards.

"Giacinto."

When he was close enough, he wrapped his arms around her and span the two of them around on the ice. Both pressed their lips to the others cheek in a greeting kiss.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 8:31 am

Dick perked up. He wiggled his toes and tested his movement in his ankles by circling them in the air. Satisfied, he hurried after Giacinto.

"Watch. Learn. Follow. Got it."

He childishly hoped he would have Giacinto to himself.

He watched the scene play out in front of him as he slid onto the ice. Pulling down on the hem of his tight shirt, he was unsure if Giacinto would introduce himself or if he should do it.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 8:36 am

Giacinto didn't introduce Dick to Chrys.

She didn't even actually greet Chrys. She just took his hand after their kisses and skated off, slow for now, warming herself up.

After a few laps of the rink, she was skating at an almost sprint.

Satisfied that she was warmed up, she pulled Chrys after her into the centre of the rink. The two skated in lazy circles, before diving into a tango that was clearly well practised.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 8:52 am

He kept up with them with ease as they warmed up. A little embarrassed with not being introduced. He pushed his embarrassment aside to focus. They could do introductions later.

As they moved into the center to practice he kept to the side. Skating around the rink to keep his body warm.

Watching and skating in the same rink as Giacinto was like a dream. He couldn't keep his eyes off her. The routine was stunning without the glamorous costumes and perfect lighting.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 8:59 am

Chrys flopped a lift, which had Giacinto skittering across the ice on her side. She hit the wall of the rink with a grunt.

"Fuck! Giacinto!" Chrys was flying after her in a second. She was stood before Chrys got to her, brushing herself off.

"Again. We need to stick that lift."

"Are you crazy? You just skidded across that ice like a stone. Are you okay?"

She shrugged Chyrs' concern off. "I wouldn't be in this line of work if I couldn't take a bit of rough-housing. I'll remind you that I didn't start as an ice dancer. Come."
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 9:06 am

It took him a moment to process Giacinto skidding across the ice before he winced. Flopping a jump and hitting the ice was one thing. You can expect it a little more by how well you execute it. Falling because of someone else's mistakes was another thing. Especially from that height.

As Chrys and Giacinto exchanged words, Dick made his way other to them.

"Are you okay?!" He asked unaware repeating Chrys' concern.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Giacinto glided right by Dick, ignoring his question completely. "Again, Chrysanthemum!"

He skated by Dick, shaking his head slowly. "Fucking ice hockey players are insane."

The two circled each other as Giacinto explained the lift in great detail. Then they ran through performing the lift again. Eight times without incident before Giacinto was content that he'd gotten it down a little better.

"Okay, from the beginning," Giacinto ordered, sliding up to press against Chrys' back.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Dick rubbed the redness in his cheeks away, glancing around to ensure no one else saw that painfully awkward exchange. He tried not to let how they ignored him get to him. Just simply skate on and observe.

Giacinto wasn't joking when she told him to told him to just watch, learn and follow.

Giacinto was thorough with practicing the lift. She seemed more of an army officer running through drills then an ice skater. Probably because of her hockey past, Dick mused. It was what made her performances so flawless.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:14 pm

The complete run through went by almost flawlessly this time.

And as soon as they finished, Giacinto spoke just two words. "Good. Again!"

They ran through the routine three times before Chrys broke away. "Done, I'm done for today! Three and a half times, and almost flattening you against a wall is enough."

Giacinto's face drew into a stern gaze, and she held it for a long moment before breaking into a grin. "Si, si, fine. You did good, Chrys. Even did good with giving me a bruise. That is going to hurt tomorrow, ragazzo."

Chrys snorted, but Giacinto's grin was infectious, and soon found himself grinning, too. "You're one crazy fucking bitch, Tony."

She waved her hand, as if she were batting his words out of the air before they could touch her. "Sticks and stones, boy. Now go. Say hi to your family for me."
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:19 pm

It was almost tiring him out watching them. His steady pace turned into a lazy one around the rink as he continued to watch. It was tempting to just start practicing himself. But Giacinto gave clear instructions and he wasn't about to screw up already.

His shoulder's sagged as Chrys pulled away. At this rate, he thought they would never end.

He didn't stop his lazy circles around the rink. He guessed if Giacinto had new instructions for him she would give them to him.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:23 pm

"You'll make the twins' day."

Giacinto laughed, a light bubbly sound that was all joyous amusement. A sound that she reserved only for her personal life. "I'm just wonderful like that. Now go before I get sick of the sight of you."

Chrys held his hands up in defeat and disappeared off.

"Learn anything while watching us?" Her brown eyes turned to Dick.
Back to top Go down
Richard

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] EmptyThu Nov 24, 2016 7:35 pm

Dick internally groaned at the question.

"Yes?"

Blue eyes looked down, watching his skates slide across the ice. A little line was created between his brows as he thought.

Their practice performance was beautiful, even if ever so slightly unpolished. Each time they ran through the program they gave it all they've got. They were naturals at it too. Or at least that is the impression they gave. They sunk into their roles easily.

Dick pulled down on the hem of his shirt, trying to think of how to put it in words.

"You didn't break role? There was a very clear line between Giacinto and who were performing as."

How she did it he didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thin Ice [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Ice [C]   Thin Ice [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Thin Ice [C]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cacciatori di Sangue :: Other :: Places Other Than Catania-
Jump to: