Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeMemberlistCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

Share | 

[C] Some Assembly Required

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: [C] Some Assembly Required    Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Amr smiled and waved up at his brother and Ti up in the stand that looked over the training room. Dick and Giacinto were up there as well, at the controls it seems. It was easy to see Dick had his normal sour expression.

Who knows why? Amr thought they all looked good; suited up, barnyards ready. They looked like a team. It was all pretty exciting.

"You are going to do a series of exercises to... improve your team work skills," Dick clear voice filled the training room. Amr thought it kind of resembles an English accent. "Giacinto will be in charge of your training. She will also be the one to make the call of when you are finished."

That seemed odd. From what he has gathered the prince was bossy; the castle had to be run precisely how he liked it. Amr thought he would be finicky about their training too.

Dick's sour expression turned to Giacinto.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cannibalshinji.tumblr.com
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Giacinto was smirking when Dick handed control over to her.

"Right now you people are a group. Just a handful of people thrown together. My job is to make you a team." Her voice was clear and easy to hear without her raising her voice at all. her accent had a sort of rolling lilt to it, slightly reminiscent of Italian. Clearly though they were both Altean, they hadn't come form the same part.

"Being a team is a vital part of forming Voltron, and furthermore, saving the entire universe. Just as your arms and legs work together to keep you stable and fighting, you must work to become each others arms and legs."

She uncrossed her arms, reaching out to flick a switch on the control panel she was perched on.

In a circle around the five soldiers a dozen panels opened up, and out came some powered down drones.

"In this exercise you must work together to survive. Help each other and survival will be easier. No one person can take on the world together. Now, go, do."

The drones powered up and the fight began.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:04 pm

"Huh! Wait, what?"

Amr watched as a dozen drones flew around them. The others seemed to be forming a circle, backs to each other. He followed suit.

A drone shot and he flinched, lifting his arm to protect himself. A second past and he relised he was unharmed. Cracking an eye open, laughter bubbled up. He had a shield.

"Did everyone else get one of these?!"

There was another shot from the drone which he blocked just by the edge of his shield. If he could just think of this as a video game...

Another laughter followed as he blocked the next attack. This would be a piece of cake.
Back to top Go down
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:08 pm

"Yupp," came three replies as they ducked behind their on shields.

"We can't just stand here and let them shoot at us. We're going to have to fight back. Boys, how's your hand to hand?" Anna questioned, as she blocked another attack.

Up in the stands, Giacinto tutted quietly. "Directly on the defensive." She was a little disappointed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:23 pm

"Do video games count?"

He heard a snort as he barely blocked the next attack.

"I have military training," Lucas called.

Amr couldn't help but turn to look. Lucas was much better at blocking then he was. Training was apparent.

A shot whizzed by his ear and straight into Lucas' back. With a string of curses he fell through the floor.

Amr winced and quickly turned around to block the next shot.
Back to top Go down
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Anna hissed a curse in her native language when Lucas fell through the floor.

"We could have used him. Fleck, you and Amr keep yourselves occupied. Belen and I will try and get rid of some of these drones."

Belen and Anna kicked off from their spots and went to town trying to get rid of these drones. They worked well together. Anna was stable and low, preferring to sweep them to the ground and shut them off when they were down. Belen enjoyed high kicks and deflecting laser blasts back at them to short them out.

"Doing okay there, Amr?" Fleck called over his shoulder as he pressed his back to the taller man's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:08 am

Amr felt the back of the shorter man press into him. There were no bubbles of laughter now.

"I'm fine. Totally. Fine."

He tried to not do the same mistake and get distracted by watching Anna and Belen. He fell into silence as he blocked each attack. Each shot seemed to be getting faster and more awkward. He was barely able to deflect any of them.

"Is it me or is this getting harder?"

Shouldn't it be easier with less drones? Belen and Anna were taking them out like it was nothing.
Back to top Go down
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:12 am

"It's the same method they use on Earth," Fleck explained, pushing his shield forcefully into a drone getting a bit too close.

"The training gets harder and harder to test your ability, find out where you stand. They'll throw more and more at us until we can't take- BELEN! Watch out!"

The woman, mid jump and unable to do anything, was attacked, and as she was about the land, she fell through an opening in the floor.

"Another one down," Giacinto commented as she watched them. She was surprised. They were doing better than she thought they would. She had expected Amr to be the first, and end up with Belen and Anna stood together at the very end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:39 am

Dick hummed, as surprised as Giacinto. The outcome was very different from what he was expecting, too.

But the group splitting up into two teams? That came to no surprise. Technically failing the exercise before it even finished.

He watched as Amr got distracted and look over his shoulder towards where Belen should have landed. Taking no notice of the bullet that whizzed past him - just like with Lucas.
Back to top Go down
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:42 am

Fleck was hit in the back of the head, just as he was deflecting a bast that would go over his shoulder and hit Amr.

He fell through the floor, leaving only two.

Anna took up Fleck's position against Amr's back, then. At least with Amr being so much taller than her, she couldn't get shot over his shoulder.

"Head in the game, Amr."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:54 am

"Right. I've got to get my head in the game. Like the musical."

His chatter was nerves. The attacks were getting more and more difficult to deflect. They seemed to like aiming low making him awkwardly crouch over to block them. Then suddenly shooting high.

But at least being so tall and Anna not being a wide as Fleck he will act as a literally shield for her - even if he got hit. That hopefully meant that another team mate wont go down on his behalf.
Back to top Go down
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:58 am

"Like the what?"

What was a musical?

"We're just sat here being shot at. Any ideas?" They needed to do something. With Belen at least she knew her ability, and what she could do. With Amr, she had no idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:05 am

Right. Aliens.

Now there was a constant stream of high and low attacks. He was building up a sweat now. The armour was starting to feel heavy and uncomfortable.

"I don't know! I play video games!"

He had no military experiance like Lucas. And he wasn't in some type of resistance like Anna and Belen.

"Maybe we should just wait it out? Let it go through all the levels?"

Even though he didn't know how high that level was or how long that will take. He was struggling like this.
Back to top Go down
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:09 am

"Amr, there are seventeen drone, and more being introduced every few minutes. There's no way we're going to be able to outwait them."

What was maknig it worse was that some of these drones were now starting to make direct close-range attacks.

They were going to fail very soon if they didn't come up with a plan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:21 am

"Then I don't know!"

His normal happy-go-lucky demur was gone. He was stressed. Any minute now he was going to get hit by one of these drones.
Back to top Go down
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:24 am

"We're not just going to give up!"

Giacinto shook her head. "Shut it off. I'll go retrieve the others. Then the real training will begin."

This was pretty horrendous, but it gave Giacinto a baseline to start their training on. That was at least somewhat of a positive outcome.

She left the room, making her way down to where the fallen paladins were waiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:31 am

Dick paid no mind to one of the mice as they scurried after Giacinto. Scurrying up her leg and resting on her shoulder.

He did as she told him. The droins stopped halted their attacks, retreved the broken ones, and went back to where they belonged.

Amr dropped his shied, panting. He turned to Anna in confusion.

"Did we beat it?"
Back to top Go down
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:37 am

Giacinto pet the mouse that rested on her shoulder gently.

"Come, we've got a lot to talk about," Giacinto ordered opening the door and gesturing for the three of them to come out into the hallway.

She was silent as she led them back to the training room.

They walked into the room just as Amr asked Anna.

"No, you didn't. But, that was to be expected. Dick and I together have trouble with them. Your group had little chance. It was a baseline exercise."

She gestured for the group to reunite.

"Well, I have to say small parts of your performance were impressive, and some of it was expected. You have a long way to go."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:22 am

As they entered the training room, Lucas gave Amr a withering look. If it wasn't for him he would have stayed in much longer. It almost felt unfair that he stayed until the end.

Amr shoulders sagged at Giacinto's comment. Then dropped down to the floor so he was sitting.

"How would you beat them then?" He asked. They might as well find out now.
Back to top Go down
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:36 am

"The level that I set you up on? You don't," was her simple answer. "It's a continuous setting, getting more difficult the more droids you defeat. There's no end to it. As I said, this was a baseline exercise."

Giacinto followed Amr to the floor, and gestured for the others to sit as well.

"On Altea, teams your age are expected to last perhaps an hour, two tops, if they're really something. Your team lasted ten doboshes." She paused to let that sink in, then she gave a shrug and shook her head. "But I suppose it was different then. It was all out survival back then and things seem different now."

She lounged, resting an arm on her knee. "Fleck, Lucas, you two have had military training. There's a set to your shoulders and a fluidity to the way you move. But no practical application. Amr, you haven't had any training at all. Anna, Belen, the two of you have had the most experience, but you fight in each other's pockets. That's well enough when there's just you two on the field, but you're part of a bigger team now."

She tucked a strand of dark hair behind an ear. "You're all on different levels, so you're all going to develop differently. Amr, you'll have to train the hardest to develop core fighting knowledge. I'll have you set up with Dick. He'll teach you basics. Lucas, Fleck, I'll pair each of you up with Anna and Belen. The two of them will be able to teach you practical application to the core skills you already have. This pairing will also help you two. Being paired with different people will bring you out of each other's pockets and strengthen your bonds with your other teammates. When you've got stronger core skills, Amr, we'll have you switch out periodically with Lucas and Fleck to train on their level. For now the four of you will decide between yourselves who will be training with who. Amr, we'll get you set up on a training programme with Dick. Everyone understand?"

She didn't give them a second to react. "Good. Go, do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:10 am

Lucas gave Fleck a curious look. He vaguely remember him saying something about not being in the military. So how did he get military training?

His attention turned back to Giacinto as she continued speaking. Listening as she spoke about how they will strengthen their skills. A little insulted that she said he had 'no practical application' (even though it was true) and from the way she talked, Belen was more skilled then he was. Even though she was the second to get shot.

"I'll go with Anna," Lucas stated, still standing. He was moody already. Belen's constant chattering was just going to piss him off even more. Besides, he wanted a challenge. He didn't want to fight someone on communicators.

There was a little groan from Amr. He was tired already. The benches were calling him. He did not want to train. Especially with someone who looked like they were constantly sucking on lemons.
Back to top Go down
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:17 am

"Sure," Fleck replied with an easy shrug. "Belen's good for me."

he and Belen were probably quite a good pair, actually. He focused a lot on fighting with his arms, while Belen was definitely a leg girl. They'd probably balance each other out.

"Just spar with each other. Get a feel of each other and give each other tips. Amr, you're with me."

Giacinto gestured for Amr to follow her as she stood and made her way up to the control room. Amr wouldn't be physically training for a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:42 am

Lucas made his way over to Anna.

"We will take this side of the room."

The training room was big. Plenty of room for two sparing couples and more if divided equally.

He waited for a set of instructions from Anna. Arms still crossed, but he was on edge. Ready to jump into position as soon as she called it.

Amr dejectedly follower Giacinto out of the room and up to the controls. A little confused as to why they were going up here if they were training.

The prince still didn't look impressed. He would be a hundred times cuter if he just relaxed and smiled. Like when he was finding the lions.

"So, what am I doing?"
Back to top Go down
Aodh O'Ceallaigh

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:46 am

"Amr, go sit with Ti for a while. I need to discuss your training with Dick."

Amr was getting off lightly for the moment. She doubted Amr would see any proper training today, at least.

Ti smiled widely when Amr approached him and opened his arms for a hug.

"You looked so cool. I would never be able to do what you did!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luca Valdez

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:54 am

His eyes brightened up as he spotted Ti in the corner. Now he was a cute blond.

With as much energy as he could muster, he bounced over. He pressed a kiss against his cheek then collapsed in the seat next to him.

His cheeks warmed a little. With a little laugh he scratched the back of his neck.

"Honestly, I didn't think I was able to do that, either."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [C] Some Assembly Required    

Back to top Go down

[C] Some Assembly Required
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next