Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

[C] London

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard

[C] London          Empty
PostSubject: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 5:44 am

For Dick, it was strange to be back. Everything in London was the same, yet also entirely different. There were still a lot of the iconic landmarks, along with some he had never seen before. A few of the streets were familiar, others he didn't recognise. It was disorientating.

As much as he hated to think it, the last time he was in London, Fleck wasn't even born.

Dick huffed as he was knocked into, again, and wrapped an arm around Fleck's waist. London had always been busy, now it was heaving.

As nice as it was to see his home countries capital again, he was very quickly getting tired of it.

"I thought we would never get here," he grumbled as they walked up to the National Portrait Gallery.

Luckily, it didn't look as busy as all the other attractions. His jaw dropped when he saw the line for the National History Museum.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 5:49 am

Fleck laughed.

"Yeah, the underground is pretty awful, isn't it?"

He was speaking in English now. He had been all holiday so far. Though sometimes he found it difficult and had to think for a moment before speaking, he was enjoying stretching his English muscles so much.

"We can find a nice quiet spot in front of a good painting and ignore the world for a bit."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 6:05 am

"Don't," he groaned. Just thinking about the underground made him green.

The saving graces about being on a boat were that he was that he had fresh air and freedom to move. The underground had neither of those things.

Dick let out a pleased hum.

"Sounds perfect. Anything you particularly want to see? Or shall we just wonder?"
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 6:34 am

"The portraits."

Fleck always wanted to study portraits. He had one of his travel watercolour sets and a fresh sketchbook for the journey in his rucksack. The sketchbook was already partially full. He'd done a lot of sketching on the plane, and around London so far.

He led Dick up the steps into the building and guided him with purpose, up the stairs and to the left.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 7:03 am

The National Portrait Gallery was one of the few places he hadn't been to and he couldn't quite remember why. He figured it was because he never had time. London had a lot to offer, and he rarely had a lot of free time to explore the few times he had been back.

As Fleck led him though, he marvelled at the grand interior and the paintings he passed. Many he didn't recognise. Some looked vaguely familiar. Others he knew instantly.

He stopped short.

"Oh, fuck off."

It became perfectly clear why he'd never visited this place: It had Richard III's fucking smug face in it.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 7:06 am

With an arm wrapped snugly around Dick's shoulders, when Dick stopped dead, he jerked.

"What's up?" He followed Dick's eyeline to a line of portraits of some part of the royal family.

"What, did they do something to you in a past life?" he teased.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 7:41 am

Dick clenched his fists, resisting the urge to rip apart the centuries-old painting.

His eyes flickered to the left to his father. A much simpler portrait in comparison to his uncles. It was strange to look at. It seemed more of a caricature of him then what Dick remembered.

Then he looked up to his father's predecessor. A memory tickled the back of his mind of when his father and uncle would drunkenly reminisce reclaiming the throne.

He turned to the painting on the right. He had mixed feelings about the man he'd never known. He didn't know whether he wanted to punch him for taking advantage of his sister or kiss him for killing his bastard of an uncle.

Cold eyes landed back on Richard III's portrait.

"No."

He pulled himself out of Fleck's arm and stalked off into the other room, finding himself a bench to sit on and just breath. His fingers toyed with one of his rings.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 7:43 am

"Okay, so it's opposite day today. Good to know."

When Dick sat down, he took a seat next to him, looking out in front of them as he reached out to place a hand on Dick's thigh.

He sat there quite content, more than wiling to wait for Dick to chill out a little then tell him what was going on. He could wait like this for hours if Dick needed that.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 8:06 am

He sat there for a while with Fleck's hand on his knee. Fuming and upset and a bunch of other emotions, knotted up into a tight ball. He felt sick.

How could he let himself get so worked up on a portrait?

His leg shook as they sat there, the hand on it soothing and keeping him grounded. It helped the sickness subside.

It only took the edge off his anger.

"It's not fucking right how that bastard," he spat the word, "can have his portrait in here. He's a fucking slimy, traitorous fucking bastard."
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 8:09 am

Fleck listened to the rant, gaze turning back to the portrait that Dick was hissing at.

"Who is he?"

Should he know? He hardly knew anything about English history. As an Italian native, he knew more about his home country than this country, but as this guy someone that was super super famous?

He supposed he was going to find out.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 8:21 am

Dick was taken aback by Fleck's question. Of course, Fleck wouldn't know who he was. He was Italian first.

Despite that, it made him gleeful. The man who ruined everything was just a blank face to the man who made him happiest. It was tempting to keep it that way.

"Richard, Duke of Gloster."

He refused to call him by the title he was most well known for. The title he stole.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 8:23 am

He shrugged one shoulder.

"Mean's nothing to me. Gloster's a city, right?"

He really knew nothing about this man, and very little about the geography of England. He was lost.

"Who was he to you?"
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 8:34 am

Dick hummed at Fleck's questions, lips pursed.

He didn't want to answer the last question. He tried to come up with ways to avoid answering it without outright lying. He had done it so many times already, dodging any questions regarding his family life.

It was easier be tight-lipped when he wasn't seething and surrounded by unknown relatives peering down on them.

"My uncle."

He turned to meet Fleck's eyes.

"My fucking traitorous uncle."
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 8:38 am

"Uncle?"

His eyes turned back to the portrait, eyeing it intently, as if looking for proof that the subject of the portrait, hundreds of years old, was related to his boyfriend.

"Mustn't have gotten your looks from his side of the family," he finally commented in a murmur, pushing himself to stand and approach the painting. He read the little description besides it.

King of England.

"Wait, your uncle?" He turned back to Dick, brows raised, and switched to Italian now, wary of people overhearing the conversation, and quite sure that the people around him weren't Italian. "Doesn't that make you, like, a prince or something?"
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 11:29 am

Dick snorted at Fleck's comment. Even in times like this, he was thankful for his humour. It helped lift the mood.

When Fleck got up he wanted to reach out and stop him, pull him back. Pretend that none of this happened and they can go on about their holiday as normal. Instead, he kept his hands firmly in his lap and his feet planted on the floor. If Fleck didn't find out now, then he was going to find out sooner or later.

His shoulders sunk as the penny dropped.

In the few times he thought about it, he never envisioned it like this; angry and upset. It was like when Fleck found out that he wasn't human all over again.

He swallowed down the lie on his lips.

"Technically, no."

He glared daggers into the portrait Fleck had been inspecting.

"Because of him."
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 6:22 pm

"Technically no, which means sort of yes."

He turned around, head tipping to the side as his arms crossed over his chest. His dark eyes ran slowly over Dick's form. He was dressed pretty casually today, and looked ready to spit fire.

"Aren't English princes always depicted as gentle and delicate and stuff in films? Like, just standing there looking pretty by the kings throne?" He was trying to remember what they were like from old English films his dad had made him watch.

His boyfriend definitely didn't fit that bill.

"If you're a prince, does that make me your concubine or something?"
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyWed May 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Dick snorted. He wasn't entirely sure whether to be insulted or not.

"Historical films like to romanticise the past."

They were encouraged to be anything but gentle and delicate. There was so much bloodshed in that century they couldn't afford to be.

His lip curled up in disbelief.

"What? No!"

He did give some thought to Fleck's question, mind straying from the portrait behind him.

"If our relationship wasn't illegal back then, I guess we would be courting. More specifically, I would be courting you."
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyThu May 04, 2017 2:51 am

"No shit," Fleck agreed with a nod.

He'd seen more than his fair share of shitty historical films that left far too much out. He studied history extensively when it came to art, and the only way to grasp a true understanding of the art, was to understand the culture around it, so he knew his fair share of history.

His lips picked up into a smirk full of the promise of teasing.

"So, if I was a strapping young lad back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, how would my prince court me?" he asked as he walked towards his boyfriend with purpose.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyThu May 04, 2017 4:38 am

Heat crept up the back of his neck.

It was ridiculous how quickly Fleck managed to flip his anger.

He glanced away from the smirk, curling a piece of hair behind his ear.

"Ignoring that it wasn't sinful and all that, I would have probably gotten terribly drunk and asked you to dance - not very different from now."

He twiddled with the rings on his fingers.

"We would have probably written letters to each other for a couple of months, or maybe seen each other a couple of times. Then I would have gone and asked permission from your dad and, more importantly, permission from the king to marry you."

A hot blush bloomed across his face last two words.

"But unless you're from high nobility or a prince yourself, it probably would have never happened."

Courting for royalty and nobility was never as glamorous as what Hollywood liked to make out. Very rarely it was a love match. Normally it was a political move for more money, land and security.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyThu May 04, 2017 4:48 am

Fleck laughed and dropped down into his seat besides Dick again. "Would you have bought out the whiskey reserves like you did when we met? I'm not a cheap ancient peasant."

He was going to have fun with this.

He pressed his hand to his chest, fake swooning just a little. "A couple of times! I feel honoured. You must have liked me."

This time he really did swoon, shifting so he was laying over Dick's lap, the back of his wrist pressed over his eyes. He ignored all the people side-eyeing them at his dramatics.

His hair pooled over Dick's thigh and the bench, and long enough that it just brushed the floor, too.

"Oh, my sweet prince! A relationship doomed from the start. Would you elope with your star-crossed peasant lover?" He peeked out from behind his wrist, then hid his eyes again, swooning more.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyThu May 04, 2017 5:11 am

"Fleck," Dick hissed as Fleck took his turn to be loud and dramatic. Only, Fleck was worst, swooning into his lap.

Dick looked around himself, noting a few of the visitors sneaking a look their way. The security guard shoved the book back in his face. It was embarrassing.

He looked back down at Fleck hiding behind his arm. It was oddly endearing. Flush still in place, he decided to indulge his boyfriend a little.

"Well, that depends if we found a priest to marry us. Even if we did, we would have probably been kicked out of court."

That's what happened with his father.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyThu May 04, 2017 5:15 am

"Then we'l be married as soon as we find a priest, then."

He removed his hand from his face and wrapped his arm around Dick's waist. He didn't move out of his lap.

"That's what they did back then, right? Married super quick, then had like, a hundred babies. Who'd be the one getting pregnant, me or you?"
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyThu May 04, 2017 5:28 am

"A hundred is a little excessive."

He rested his hand on Fleck's head, thumb lightly stroking above the piercing in his brow. His brows pulled together at the question.

"I know it was a different time and all, but that was still physically impossible... But since you asked: You."
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyThu May 04, 2017 5:31 am

"Me?"

Fleck gasped, insulted, and swept his free arm outwards, gesturing down to his body.

"I've worked hard for this. It wouldn't be the same with stretch marks and post-pregnancy podge. What if you find me repulsive afterwards and go for a cuter, younger blond? I'll be heartbroken."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          EmptyThu May 04, 2017 5:38 am

Dick rubbed his hand over his mouth to stop and hide the smile on his face.

Fleck was so ridiculous. Yet he couldn't bring himself to be impatient with him.

"If I had thrown my life away to elope with you, I'm pretty sure I would still find you cute with stretch marks and podge. Even after our hundredth child."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [C] London    [C] London          Empty

Back to top Go down

[C] London
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next