Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

[C] And a Bottle of Rum

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tamara Perez

Tamara Perez

[C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 3:45 am

Unaware of what the rest of the crew know, she insisted: "I can, if I am careful. I plan to keep my head down."

Tamara focused up at the glowing orb, humming in agreement.

"My mother said this is the best time to capture a Ciguapa."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:13 am

Giacinto's eyes flickered to the woman.

"The nights the worst time to go after anything of that ilk." It was the best time to find nocturnal creatures, yes, but the worst time to capture them.

"The full moon is full of danger."

It was a very dangerous time of any month.
Back to top Go down
Tamara Perez

Tamara Perez

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:10 am

"I am sure my other knows her own legends. It is the only time to track them."

She was starting to sound like she believed in it herself, defending her mother's stories.

Tamara shock her head a little. This whole conversation was odd, really.

"I would thought it would be the safest - easier to see these so-called monsters."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 5:28 am

Giacinto laughed.

"Track them at night, capture them during the day when they're vulnerable. It's the case for all nocturnal creatures."

It was the number one rule of tracking any nocturnal creature.

"It seems you have a lot to learn about tracking and hunting."
Back to top Go down
Tamara Perez

Tamara Perez

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:07 am

Tamara came to the conclusion Tony had a nice laugh. Warming. And made her lips quirk in her own smile - despite the 'argument'.

Really, it was silly getting defensive over stories.

"Never needed to hunt, so I never learnt. Very few people still do that in my town."

She lent on the side of the ship, feeling a lot more comfortable around the Captain.

"For someone out at sea a lot, I am surprised you know a bit about hunting."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:11 am

"Hunting is an important skill to learn. You never know when you'll need it."

Giacinto smirked to herself.

She'd been on sea for far more time than she had ever lived on land. In her almost four and a half thousand years alive, she'd spent almost four thousand of it out at sea.

"Growing up I needed to know how to hunt."

It was a true fact, even if she had omitted how long it had been since she had been 'growing up.'
Back to top Go down
Tamara Perez

Tamara Perez

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:17 am

"And I am sure, unless I am left in the middle of a forest, that I won't need to learn how to hunt."

You could get everything you needed now from markets. She would say stealing is a better skill to learn then hunting - even if it was less honest. 

"You came from a rural place then?"

She did not stick the other woman as someone from a rural area. Not necessarily a city, but maybe a fishing port somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:22 am

"You never know when you'll be trapped somewhere without a nearby population."

Hunting was an incredibly valuable skill to have.

The woman nodded.

"A small settlement inland. I didn't see the sea until I was quite old." She had been hundreds of years old by the time she first laid her eyes on the sea.
Back to top Go down
Tamara Perez

Tamara Perez

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:28 am

For someone that had seen it her whole life, and knowing people that live on it, she was taken aback.

"Really? Was the place where you lived big then?"

You could get from the north side of the island to the south within a day with plenty of time to spare. I amazed her that there were places where you had to spend days travelling before getting to the sea.
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:46 am

"Quite big."

She had been around when Italy wasn't it's own country. The 'country' she had been born in was territory owned by the Cardial Culture.

The area itself had been separated since and was now much smaller.

"It was beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Tamara Perez

Tamara Perez

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:55 am

"Really?"

Tamara wondered what it would be like. She knew some of the Spanish on her island described their homeland as dry. Warm in the summers seasons and cold in the winter seasons. Depening on who she talked to, it also snowed. 

The mere idea of snow sounded exciting. 

"Is it different from my own island?"
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:00 am

"Very different."

Her homeland was incredibly different than the island they had just left.

"Everything is so different than it used to be."

Time had changed everything. She'd been able to the area she had been born in numerous times and it changed so much every time she went back.

She couldn't go back to where she used to live and expect it to be the same. Too much had changed in the past four thousand years.
Back to top Go down
Tamara Perez

Tamara Perez

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:06 am

Humming, she turned away for Tony and back up at the full moon.

Show wondered how different her town would change? In a week? A month? Or years?

It was a little difficult to comprehend. 

Would she be able to recognise the the streets and the people that lived in them? Would it smell and sound the same? Would she recognise her own brother?

Already she was feeling a homesick.

Skin goose-bumping, she wrapped her arms around her bounded chest and rubbed her arms.

"I think I will be turning in with the rest of the day crew. I heard it is an early start?"
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:15 am

"Sunrise. The crew will make sure you're awake."

The day crew worked from sunrise to sunset and the night crew from sunset to sunrise.

Giacinto commanded a twenty four hour vessel.

There was always activity on this ship.

It was one of the reasons she was so well know; apart from to ridiculous amount of years that her stories had been circulating.

She'd been well known for centuries.
Back to top Go down
Tamara Perez

Tamara Perez

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:34 am

Tamara nodded.

"Thank you."

Turning, she walked away from the women to the crew's sleeping quarters.

She left with a mixture of feelings. Odd from their talk of what went bump in the night. Annoyance of how easily she had been seen through. And, finally, feeling a little giddy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [C] And a Bottle of Rum   [C] And a Bottle of Rum - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

[C] And a Bottle of Rum
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cacciatori di Sangue :: Other :: Back Stories-
Jump to: