Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

[C][AU] Fermata

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard

[C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 7:12 am

"Do you feel that you have a lot of frustration for fellow artists then? Not just in the rock artists, but other music artists too?"

A slightly controversial question, but it was one he needed to ask. He himself as a listener found himself being frustrated. Sure, it was getting better. It was very rare there were glaringly anti-LGBT lyrics or music videos.

But he would still come across anti-LGBT messages that were subtle enough that if anyone criticised they were shut down.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 7:17 am

"That's a vague and incriminating question."

He moved back to lounge against the couch. He allowed a little smirk to curl his lips. "The question personal to you?"

He was quite content giving a non-answer to that question. He was open with his opinions, but he was smart enough to know which ones he should keep to himself.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 7:49 am

He felt the blush he had been trying so hard to keep down bloom across his face.

"... A little."

This bit was going to be cut.

"Do you wish older songs you heard growing up were more inclusive, then?"

He wanted to swiftly move on, but he couldn't. Not if he wanted this interview to read fluidly. And especially after an answer like that.

So he gave him a much kinder question instead.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 8:00 am

"I think that they laid the path then, that I can take today. I wouldn't change them, as they're an important part of history, for both the music industry and the normalisation of culturally oppressed topics." Most of the songs he held close to heart were songs that beat against some toxic cultural norm.

"In their contemporary, they were normalising things that were looked down upon then. The world has moved on, in part due to those songs, to allow newer artists to tackle newer issues."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 8:17 am

"You said that you "can take today". Does that mean you think you are the contemporary face of Rock music? Because not only have you reached number one on the Rock billboards, but you have also reached the top ten in the all-genre billboards in numerous countries."

It was quite the achievement.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 8:21 am

Fleck hummed.

"I was a bit presumptuous there. 'We.' We can take today," he corrected.

"I'm one of many faces that has the potential to change people's views. I could be the face of change today, and be nothing tomorrow. I don't presume to claim any single title of influence."

His lips curled into a smile. "It's an honour that I've reached both the rock and general charts. I have to thank my fans for that."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 8:55 am

A smile tugged at Richard's lips.

It was impressive how easily and graciously Hank was answering his questions.

"Your fans seemed to have certainly enjoyed Rose Tinted. They kept it at number one for six weeks. What was the inspiration for that song?"
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:20 am

A little smile curled his lips at the mention of that song.

Of all the songs he had written so far, that one was his baby.

"That split second when you wake up, wrapped up in your partner, when everything is okay, no matter what you're going through. When you're doing the chores, and you see your partner wearing ratty house clothes, and they've never seemed so beautiful. When you can get through anything, because you have your partners hand gripping yours."

He pushed his hair back out of his face again. "That song is all those beautiful moments."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:38 am

Rose Tinted also easily became one of Richard's favourite songs from the album too.

He wasn't currently in love. He never really had a boyfriend. Yet whenever he listened to that song it made his heart swell and he felt loved. For a few minutes it gave him the perfect illusion and it wasn't broken by any pronouns.

Even now, just listening to him describe the moments that were the source of inspiration made his heart skip a beat. It was a bit ridiculous really.

"You're quite the romantic," he couldn't help but say.

"Was it a tough song for you to write and put across all those thoughts and feelings?"
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 am

"I try." He didn't want to lose that part of him, no matter what happened to him. Romance was important.

"Not at all. Dare and I came up with the tune together, and the song just wrote itself from there."

Of all his songs, that was the easiest to write. It really had just come together in one sitting. Five minutes sat on the couch at Aodh's place, with Dare strumming away at his guitar, and Zeke and Aodh bickering in the background, and his notebook was full of near-perfect lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:57 am

"Which was the hardest song for you to write then?"

He was curious about this one.

There was always at least that one song on the album that an artist struggled with. It was either the best song on there from where they persevered and overcome their struggles. Or it was the worst, the heart and soul obviously not in it.

But there was no glaringly bad song on the album. And Hank just admitted that the arguably best song on it was easy to write.
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:07 am

"Hmmm... There were two on Rainy Day that I found hard. Shining Man and Welcome Home."

He slumped a little, eyes unfocussing. "My older brother was in an accident, and while we were sat in the waiting room waiting for him to get out of surgery, I turned to trying to write something, just to occupy myself with something other than what ifs."

He shook his head, almost violently, as if she was shaking bad thoughts from his head.

"Next question."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:23 am

The warmth he felt from asking the last question vanished as his heart sank. He wished he never asked the question now. He didn't want to provoke any unhappy memories and upset the other man.

"So can write anytime, anywhere. But do you have that one place, in particular, where you enjoy writing?"
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:27 am

Fleck was grateful that Dick had let him pass onto the next question so quickly.

"At the moment I move around too much to have a favourite place to write, but back when I was at home, I liked laying in bed when I wrote, with my cats and dragon."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:48 am

"That sounds like a nice relaxing atmosphere."

Dick didn't know if it was because they were doing this interview in Hank Masin's hotel room, with the man in question half naked, but he could easily picture it.

He wanted to ask about Italy and whether he missed home. But after the upset he caused only moments ago he thought it was best to avoid it.

"You have just come from your European tour, right? How have you found that?"
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:54 am

"Incredible. I could never imagine so many people would come, just to see me."

He made vague, very Italian gestures with his hands as he spoke.

"I'm just a little artist from Sicily that played around singing with his best friends band every now and again. I never thought I would be this big. All throughout my childhood, I always thought it would be Darragh that made it this big."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 11:14 am

The comment about Darragh was interesting. If it was another interviewer they may attempt to pit the two friends against each other. But he wasn't prepared to stoop that low - even though he knew it would sell well.

"You deserve it, though - all your success. It sounds like you worked hard for it."

He shifted a little in his seat to check the time on his phone then relaxed. He still had time not worry about wrapping it up too quickly.

"Are you looking forward to your American tour?"
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 11:25 am

Fleck nodded graciously at the compliment.

He opened his mouth to answer, when-

"Ba ba ba, bambolina
Ba ba ba, vuoi giocare?
Ba ba ba, beh io sono qua
Un po' di calore
Ba ba ba, bambolina
Ba ba ba, barracuda"

His brows drew together, and he leaned over to snap his phone up off the couch. "It's my sister." He gestured to the phone recording them as he answered.

A quick conversation ensued, getting quicker and quicker with each word spoken, until they were flying through the words, with Fleck perking up in excitement, then slumping in disappointment.

When he hung up, he tossed his phone back on the couch and rumpled his hair.

"Sorry."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 12:05 pm

"Oh, right."

He leant over and paused the recording.

With nothing to do, he didn't know where to look. His eyes inevitably landed back on Hank. It was hard not to with how animatedly he talked.

Then he watched him slump over.

Curiosity burned through him as he wondered what they were talking about to make Fleck so animated then so disappointed. But he kept his curiosity at bay.

"No problem. We can pause the interview for a little while longer if you need to?"
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 pm

"No." Fleck shook his head and forced a little smile. "The news wasn't that bad. We can carry on."

He was disappointed about what he had heard, but it wasn't end of the world disappointment. He'd carry on, get this interview out of the way, and sing his heart out tonight.

That was all he could do.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Dick studied Hank for a second, curiosity burning more at his answer. But he kept those questions held back.

Instead he nodded and leaned over to start the recording again.

"If your sure. I'll repeat the question then; are you looking forward to your American tour?"
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 10:06 pm

"Yeah."

Perhaps he wasn't looking forward to Atlanta quite as much as before, but that wasn't something that he was going to say to someone that would share it with all his fans.

"I'm excited to see just how many people will show up. A lot did throughout the European tour, but America just... It has a different atmosphere, si?"

There was something about America that seemed different, and he was sure he would see it during his tour.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 11:08 pm

He could understand. Sure, he was from an English speaking country that was pretty influenced by American pop culture. But there was still a noticeable different feeling between the two countries.
America was always very full on. At least LA was.

But the American readers won't understand that. Especially if they have never been abroad.

"Would you care to elaborate?"
Back to top Go down
Blood Buddy

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 11:30 pm

"Where do you start with the difference between America and Italy?"

He really didn't know where to begin.

"Americans are a little more reserved than Italians in the way of affection, and way overboard compared to the English, but they're all about expressing themselves. It's pretty incredible, seeing such a different sort than what I'm used to, still enjoying my music."

His hands flew around him as he spoke, further punctuating the difference between them.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 25, 2017 12:16 am

The large animated gestures weren't unusual to him, working under Giacinto. It still fascinated him, though. He could sit and watch them both talk all day.

It was a little bit contagious too. Normally reserved, he found himself using his hands and arms a little more over the years.

"Almost your whole album is in English despite that fact you are Italian. What made you make that decision?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [C][AU] Fermata   [C][AU] Fermata - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[C][AU] Fermata
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cacciatori di Sangue :: Other :: Back Stories-
Jump to: