Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

Speakeasy [C]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Richard

Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 2:56 am

"I'm trying," he hissed, blood simmering, "to make things better between us because I don't hate you and I do genuinely care about you. Yet everything I say you have a snarky reply for."

He waved his hand in disregard.

"So what's the point?"

He turned to storm off.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 2:59 am

Your trying leaves much to be desired.

He bit his tongue against the words, though. Dammit, the world didn't bend around him, as much as he wanted to.

Sometimes he had to concede, too.

"Thank you," he muttered tightly. "For trying."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 3:20 am

Dick had made it halfway down the stairs of the exclusive sitting area before Ignacio spoke. he slowed and stopped at the last step, hand on the wooden bannister.

"Thank you," he said gently, before turning to look up. "I'm sorry, I know I'm not the easiest person to get along with," he laughed lightly, uncertainly. "It's unfair of me to expect you to be a mind reader and know what I am feeling all the time or to, well, be snarky to you back when sometimes you can be," there was a long pause when Dick had to steady himself a little, "right."
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 3:24 am

Ignacio's lips curled upwards.

"That must have been painful to say," he teased. Oops, sarky comment.

He couldn't help it.

"Thank you, Dick. I appreciate the apology." He knew he wasn't the easiest to get along with either. The two of them butt heads quite a lot.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 3:37 am

"It killed me," he said. He turned and made his way back up and settle on the couch next to him, with a respectable distance between them. He still wasn't sure where they were on the scale of forgiveness.

There was Ignacio's normal drink of choice on the table, stone cold. He had already drunk his coffee five times over.

"Please note I did say the word sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 3:49 am

"I'm sure it did."

He got immense enjoyment from knowing that.

Ignacio offered Dick a grin. "Sometimes is enough," he assured. Sometimes he was right, and that thought was physically painful for Dick. That was certainly enough.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 4:00 am

Dick closed his eyes and groaned, but he couldn't help it when the corners of his own lips kicked up.

"Okay, let me rephrase; the very few,occasional times you are right. The majority of the time, I am."

There was a touch of humour in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 4:03 am

"If you say so," he dismissed.

The words had already been spoken now. Ignacio's ego had been stroked. There was nothing Dick could do to take that away any more.

He raised a hand to draw the attention of a member of staff, ordering a black coffee.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 4:14 am

Dick ordered another black coffee for himself, sweetened.

Dick let some silence drift between them before he spoke up again.

"What you said, last night," he stated because even though the atmosphere was lighter between them, it didn't mean he was finished airing out the argument, "it did hurt."
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 4:53 am

"It was meant to."

Ignacio sucked his teeth. He didn't want to say it, but he knew it needed to be said.

"But that doesn't mean it should have been said. I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 5:04 am

"Yeah, I figured you didn't say it in jest."

Dick took the coffee that was placed down in front of him, glad to have something to do with his hands.

"It took us less than twenty-four hours to stop being so pissy with each other. I'm impressed."

Sure they were at it like cat and dog, but the last nasty argument they had had them being bitter for over a month.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 5:05 am

"It usually takes us at least a week."

Usually more than that, to be honest. They were both vicious and stubborn shits. Neither liked to give in and admit they were wrong.

This situation was unheard of.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 5:19 am

Dick hummed. It was true.

"I'm glad it didn't."

He offered Ignacio a small, friendly smile.

There was no knowing what the week would bring, but with less chance of bitterness being thrown at each other, the better.

"Do you want to go somewhere, after coffee? See the snow."

He nodded his head to the window.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 5:26 am

Ignacio returned the smile and sipped at his coffee.

He grimaced. "Giacinto has ruined me." She was a coffee snob. It came with spending so much time in Italy, he knew. Her high standards had rubbed off on him as well.

Americans just couldn't make good coffee.

"A walk sounds nice."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 5:30 am

Dick laughed.

"She ruined me before I even knew what coffee was."

The first time he had it he hated it, it was far too bitter and made him grimace. Now he couldn't get through the first hour of the morning without it.

"Maybe we can find a decent coffee shop?"
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 5:36 am

"She is a cruel being."

He set his coffee down and huffed quietly.

"No. Americans cannot make coffee." He'd decided that one quickly. He hadn't had a decent brew since they'd gotten to this damned country. It was sad, really.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 5:41 am

Dick rolled his eyes.

"That's assumptive. I am sure there is somewhere with good coffee."

He stood with determination. His mind was set with a purpose for their walk now.

And to prove Ignacio wrong.

"They do call this country a melting pot."
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 am

"I don't believe it."

Unless there was a good Italian-run place around here, he wasn't ever going to be convinced.

Not like even they could run against Giacinto.

She was the Queen of brewing coffee.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 5:46 am

"Well, the coffee is already shit here. What do we have to lose?"

He bent down to grasp Ignacio's hand to haul him up.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 5:49 am

Ignacio let himself be dragged up and adjusted his lapels when he was standing.

Then he pulled his hair back from his face, reaching into a pocket to retrieve a ribbon to tie it back.

"My tastebuds," he responded dryly, beginning towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 6:01 am

Dick waved his hand, a spring in his step, as they went outside. The snow had turned into icy sludge.

"Your taste buds are already suffering."

Dick walked with a purpose like he knew exactly where to go.

"So, if I find somewhere that satisfies you, what do I win in return?"
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 6:04 am

"This could kill them off."

He shoved his hands into his pockets, following behind Dick as the younger Vampire almost bounced down the sidewalk.

"The knowledge that there is, in fact, an American that can make coffee."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 6:16 am

"That's not fair, if we are going to make a bet, you should give me money when I prove you wrong. Or maybe those nice cufflinks you brought not so long ago?"

He turned his eyes slyly up at Ignacio.

Sure, triumph in proving someone wrong was fantastic and all, but he also liked something tangible for the victory.
Back to top Go down
Hank Masin

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 6:18 am

"All right, the cufflinks." He could afford to part with those if a miracle happened.

"And if you're proven wrong and we can't find a good coffee place here?"

Which was more likely to happen.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 6:25 am

"Bragging rights?"

He couldn't think of anything of his that Ignacio would want.

"I had a nice set of earrings that would go for a high price? Or if you need a hand at wooing because lord knows you need it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speakeasy [C]   Speakeasy [C] - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Speakeasy [C]
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cacciatori di Sangue :: Other :: Back Stories-
Jump to: